Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Food of the Gods




Michelle's post the other day about her spice cake got me thinking about food. I'm not what I'd consider a gourmet chef, but there's a few dishes I can make that everyone seems to enjoy. Today, I offered to make grilled cheese sandwiches for my wife and friend that lives with us. As usual, they said yes. I have yet to be turned down on grilled cheese. I don't brag often, but behold, the Sandwich Of The Gods, fit for a Valhallan feast!

I do have to give credit to Alton Brown at Food Network...it was his recipie for grilled cheese that I altered to my specifications that is such a hit with my friends and family.

Hungry, anyone? :)

5 comments:

Virginia Lady said...

Yum! I love grilled cheese. That one looks very good. Guess I know what I'll be having for lunch today. :-)

Charles Gramlich said...

I do enjoy a grilled cheeze on occassion, but I suspect that in Valhalla they lean more toward shanks of beef.

Heff said...

Sharp Cheddar cheese, baby. Sharp Cheddar cheese.

Lana Gramlich said...

Mmmmmmm. I've been jonesing for grilled cheese for a while now. Gonna have to find an excuse to make one again soon!

Scott said...

virginia lady, thank you!

Charles, I agree, meat is what I really picture at a Valhallan feast, but if sandwiches are present, mine would be there!

Heff, you got that right, dammit!
I use shredded sharp cheddar in my grilled cheese.

Lana, take any excuse you can to have one. Or, have Charles make one for you. :)