Thursday, September 18, 2008

About my Blog title

Maybe some of you have wondered about the title of my blog. I'm not actually a Satanist, although the Devil has always fascinated me...if I ever meet him, I'll either shake his hand or punch him in the face, depending on the mood I'm in. Anyway, I've been given the nickname 'Beast' at no less than three different times in my life, by different sets of people. I guess it was meant to be. Maybe it's because of my appearance, or my personality, or because I have a way with animals, I'm not sure why, but I do know that there's a lot worse nicknames I could have been stuck with. And actually, I kind of like being referred to as 'Beast'. So, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sigh, why couldn't I have ever had a cool nickname?

Shauna Roberts said...

Hi. I came over from Charles Gramlich's blog.

When I was little, my father called me Punkin. Years later, that's the nickname my husband chose for me, without knowing what my father called me.

No, my head is not large, round, and orange.

Scott said...

Charles, I guess I was just lucky.

Shauna, no, your head is not pumpkin-like at all. I remember a Phil collins record that came out in the 80's...it had a picture of his face against a black background, and for some reason his face was colored orange. My buddy Joe said, 'Look, it's the Great Pumpkin!"