Saturday, January 10, 2009

Random Thoughts

I hate colds. I really want a glass of wine, or rum , or a beer right now, but I'm waiting until my cold is finally out of my system. This is a weekend where I didn't have to go to work, and I had to spend it recuperating. I've been watching movies (Wristcutters-A Love Story was good, Killer Pad was not) and playing World of Warcraft a lot , and I feel guilty for not being productive.
Our friend that has been living with us for the past 6 months is moving out. I knew she would eventually, but I'm bummed out about it. I got used to her being around, I guess. I'll miss her cat, Phoenix,too.
Are you prepared for a zombie apocalypse? I think I am, at least in as much as I have lots of edged weapons about. I'm not sure you can really ever be fully ready for such an event.
I'm not sure where to go on vacation this year. Any suggestions?
I hope everyone is having a good 2009 so far.
I started a Facebook page recently...I was surprised at how many people I knew from way back that are on there.
Can anybody reccomend a good wine? Red or white.
I apologize for the random weirdness...must be the zicam and Nyquil. Goodnight, all!

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like your mind is on a rollercoaster about now. I recomend some sleep. It works for me.

Hope you feel better soon.

Heff said...

Dude. Drink one of those "Beast" beers. That shit would probably kill ANY cold. I know it killed my ass.

Scott said...

Charles, I finally hit the hay at about 3:00 AM. I slept late yesterday morning, and had caffine late, too, which was probably a mistake. Normally I like to overindulge in caffiene, but not with cold medicine, I guess.

Heff, the first thing I'm gonna do when I'm 100% better is get one or two of those and put them away..and it'll put me away, I'll bet!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Scott,

I sure hope you're feeling better! As for wines, I mostly go in for champagne or something close so I'd suggest Gruet (relatively cheap as far as the sparkling stuff and almost as good as Moet) or Sophia (a wine made by Francis Ford Copola's daughter). Moet is my best friend for celebrations and my friend Angela told me about a black champagne, but I forget the name -- have to check it out (favorite colored plus favorite drink equals heaven!)

Scott said...

Michelle, thank you! Thanks for the reccomendations on vino, also. Hmm, black is my favorite color ,too!