Sunday, January 11, 2009

Art-Maxfield Parrish















Maxfield Parrish (1870-1966) is another artist whose work I admire. He did artwork for ads for such products as Jello, and produced wonderful works of art, with a capitol "A". His works have a luminescent quality, a beautiful glow that I've never seen any other artist come close to(note-I am not a big fan of Thomas Kinkade's 'work'...mostly I think he's a bit pompous for titling himself 'Painter of Light', and trademarking it...take a look at Parrish's art, and tell me who the real Painter of Light is!!!) . Like Monet's works, I find Parrish's paintings very relaxing to look at, most of them having a sense of serenity about them. And like Van Gogh's Starry Night, there are many of Parrish's paintings I wish I could step into...the one with the little house in the snow being one of them that immediately comes to mind.Take a look, and enjoy.

2 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I love Parrish & also think Kinkade's overrated. I read somewhere that he's a real prick, too.

Scott said...

Lana, I had heard that as well, in fact, from an interview with former employees of his.