Sunday, November 15, 2009

Drapa To Odin

My good friend Mike Myers, aka Big Mike, wrote this ode to my dog Odin.


For fourteen years his howl was heard,
the fierce and mighty silvermane.
A gift of friendship long incurred,
and now he sleeps till raised again.

At the feet of his namesake he doth lie,
honored as any warrior slain.
Till his Master,too, does boldly die,
and together they trod the field again.

Hail Odin!

Thanks, Mike, and thanks to all of you who sent kind words and thoughts during this tragic time for me. I do appreciate it...I miss my friend so much.

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I clash my sword on my shield for that one. Well done, Mike.

Lana Gramlich said...

*Banging my spear on my shield.* My sympathies are still with you. I know how hard these things can be. <:(

Chris Gruber said...

May Geri and Freki guard your Odin's path as he ascends to the great halls of Valhalla. He is remembered.

Lisa said...

Nicely done. I am sure the gods smile on him.

uncle pizzl said...

hail odin! good job mike, made me shed a tear.